The Convention on the Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Arbitral Awards (New York Convention) celebrates it’s 60th anniversary this year. As one of the most successful treaties in the area of commercial law, the New York Convention has served as a model for subsequent international legislative texts.
ACICA is pleased to invite you to join with it to celebrate this milestone at a not-to-be-missed symposium exploring the key role of the Convention in the growth of international trade over the course of 60 years, its significance in terms of enforcement of arbitral awards and the important role of the Courts in this process, as well as more recent international developments with respect to the enforcement of settlement agreements.
The line up of experienced speakers include:
- The Honourable Chief Justice Tom Bathurst AC, Supreme Court of NSW
- Elena Kirillova, State Director, NSW/ACT, Austrade
- Justin Gleeson SC, Banco Chambers
- Brenda Horrigan, Partner & Head of International Arbitration in Australia, Herbert Smith Freehills
- Khory McCormick, Consultant, Bartley Cohen Lawyers, UNCITRAL Working Group II Rapporteur
Drinks and canapes will be served at the conclusion of proceedings.
Date: 4 July 2018
Time: 4:45pm for a 5pm start to 6:30pm following by networking drinks
Venue: Herbert Smith Freehills, 161 Castlereagh Street, Sydney
Registration: Click Here!
For more information, see the invitation flyer or ACICA website.