With the growth in prominence of arbitration in Australia, there is increasing appetite for young and emerging practitioners to be involved in the arbitration community and learn more about the practice of arbitration.
ACICA 45 has been established with the aim of responding to the needs of this sector. ACICA 45 organises activities and events around Australia to encourage participation in arbitration and provide educational opportunities for emerging practitioners interested in arbitration.
The group is led by a steering committee comprised of:
- Anne Hoffmann (Herbert Smith Freehills), Edwina Kwan (King & Wood Mallesons) and Deborah Tomkinson (ACICA), Sydney
- Caroline Swartz‐Zern (Allens) and Chad Catterwell (Herbert Smith Freehills), Melbourne
- Ariane Owen (Allen & Overy), Perth
- Erika Williams (McCullough Robertson), Brisbane
- Sylvia Tee (Lipman Karas), Adelaide
ACICA provides administrative support through the Secretariat. The group is also supported by various partner organisations.
ACICA 45 welcomes open participation in the group and invites those interested in arbitration to register (registration is free) and get involved. If you have ideas for events or activities, please contact the committee on email@example.com.