With the growth in prominence of arbitration in Australia, there is increasing appetite for young and emerging practitioners to be involved in the arbitration community and learn more about the practice of arbitration.
ACICA45 has been established with the aim of responding to the needs of this sector. ACICA45 organises activities and events around Australia to encourage participation in arbitration and provide educational opportunities for emerging practitioners interested in arbitration.
The group is led by a steering committee comprised of:
- Guillermo Garcia-Perrote (Herbert Smith Freehills), Edwina Kwan (King & Wood Mallesons), Lucy Zimdahl (Allens) and Deborah Tomkinson (ACICA), Sydney
- Caroline Swartz-Zern (Allens), Chad Catterwell (Herbert Smith Freehills) and Lee Carroll (Corrs Chambers Westgarth), Melbourne
- Stewart McWilliam (Herbert Smith Freehills) and Peter Sadler (Quinn Emanuel), Perth
- Erika Williams (McCullough Robertson) and Melissa Yeo (Ashurst), Brisbane
- Sylvia Tee (Lipman Karas), Adelaide
ACICA provides administrative support through the Secretariat. The group is also supported by various partner organisations.
ACICA45 welcomes open participation in the group and invites those interested in arbitration to register (registration is free) and get involved. If you have ideas for events or activities, please contact the committee on email@example.com.