ACICA runs a voluntary internship programme in conjunction with the Australian Disputes Centre in Sydney, accepting both Australian and international applicants who are currently studying law or are recent law graduates and have an active interest in arbitration and alternative dispute resolution.
Successful applicants are provided the opportunity to assist with tasks and work on projects across both organisations. Interns may be involved with tasks such as:
- Researching and drafting communications, articles and other materials
- Planning of events and seminars
- Assistance with ADR training initiatives
- Individual projects in alignment with the organisations’ objectives
Current Program Dates & Application Deadlines
Internship applications through 2018 and for Scheme 1, 2019 are now being accepted.
|Scheme 2 2018||9 July 2018 — 16 November 2018||31 May 2018 [now closed]|
|Summer Scheme 2018||19 November 2018- 21 December 2018||30 September 2018|
|Scheme 1 2019||14 January 2018 – 31 May 2018||16 November 2018|
All internship candidates should be able to demonstrate the following in their application:
- Ability to work both in a collaborative team environment and independently
- Strong academic qualifications
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strength in drafting
- High standard of computer literacy
- Cover letter addressing the Criteria and outlining your interest in alternative dispute resolution and reasons for seeking an internship with ACICA and ADC.
- A short CV and university transcript.
- Indication of your availability to undertake the internship, including the proposed duration and available days.
- For international participants, please attach two recent written academic or professional references.
The internship programme is run on a voluntary basis; as not for profit organisations ACICA and ADC are not in a position to remunerate interns. Interns will need to cover their own costs associated with any required travel or accommodation during the internship.
Please also note that ACICA/ADC cannot offer visa sponsorship; applicants will need to make their own arrangements in this regard.